Get involved with your union!
Committee Members Needed for the following Committees:
COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH COMMITTEE
- Ensure that Local By-Law requirements of adequate notice are met;
- Inform members of events and activities.
- Communicate advocacy positions taken by the membership of the Local to the larger community through all relevant means;
- Produce a regular newsletter;
- Oversee the maintenance of the website and provide content to webmaster for posting;
- Peruse the media and respond to issues of relevance to the Local;
- Assist the Recording Secretary with assembling and producing all press releases newsletters, posters and other communication initiatives.
The duties of the Education Committee shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Determine the educational needs of the membership, stewards and executive officers and
facilitate or direct them to the requisite training, workshop, conference or educational to
address the learning need(s).
- Assist the Chair, Education and Human Rights with the publicizing of CUPE School and
- Prepare registration forms, plan or coordinate travel plans and execute other related tasks
to ensure that members get to educationals.
- Liaise with the Locals’ other committees on matters concerning human rights.
- To take on educational issues as directed by the Executive Committee.
This committee will:
- Review the bylaws annually and make recommendations to the Executive
Board on proposed amendments.
- Review any proposed amendments received from the Executive Board or
membership of the Local Union to ensure that the amendments will conform to the
remainder of the bylaws and the CUPE National Constitution
- Ensure that the Local Union’s bylaws are written in clear language, ensuring that clear language does not change the intent or meaning of the bylaws.
EQUITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE
This committee is being revived, be a part of it to shape how your union works on social justice and equity.