This year’s annual February 14th Strawberry Ceremony will be held virtually from 12:30pm – 1:30pm, and will be guided by Elder Wanda Whitebird.
The Organizing Committee are inviting all to take time on Sunday February 14th to honour missing and murdered women, girls, trans and two-spirit people and their families in your own ways.
Some ways you can show your support:
- Offer tobacco in a space that is meaningful to you (ex. park, water, yard)
- Take a moment on Feb.14th to pray for the safety of Indigenous Women, Girls, Trans and Two-Spirit Peoples, and for those who are missing to return home. Say the names of loved ones that have been lost.
- Share a photo of what you’re doing to mark the Strawberry Ceremony remotely to honor families, raise awareness, and fight to put an end to MMIWGT2S
- Tune in to the live videos shared in the Strawberry Ceremony Facebook event
- Eat a strawberry (the green part too! )
- Donate to any of the following initiatives:
- Families of Sisters in Spirit: https://fsismmiw.wordpress.com/donate/
- Dashmaawaan Bemaadzinjin – They Feed the People: https://www.gofundme.com/…/dashmaawaan-bemaadzinjin…
- NaMeRes: www.nameres.org/support/
For more information about the Ceremony, check out their Facebook event page