Dear Members of CUPE 3907:
As the Chief Returning Officer (CRO) for CUPE 3907, I, Asmita Bhutani, am pleased to open the 2021 CUPE 3907 Elections for the position of Treasurer. For this position, an honorarium of $500 will be paid each month.
The Treasurer’s duties include developing and presenting the budget to members at the GMMs, receiving revenues and dues, maintaining and organizing financial records including tax-related documents, and chairing committees related to financial assistance funds. For the complete list of duties of a CUPE 3907 Treasurer, please refer to this website page and the Bylaws (Articles 7-9).
Nominees must be CUPE 3907 members in good standing (as per the bylaws). This means active employment as a GA at OISE, currently or within one year after the last date of active employment. The member should have submitted the membership declaration form and/or have attended a GMM (General Member Meeting). You will also be eligible if you attend the upcoming GMM meeting on Oct 27 at 5pm. International Students do not require Canadian Work Authorization for these positions.
Interested nominees will need to email the CRO, Asmita Bhutani at: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11.59 pm EST, Oct 28, 2021. Nominees must include the following in their email:
- name as it appears on the student card (T-card).
- telephone number
- email address
- student number
- a personal statement of 250 words- that will be shared with members and on the website
- Nominations open on Oct 13 and will close on Oct 28 at 11:59 pm EST
- An All Candidates Meeting will be held on Oct 29 to discuss the roles and responsibilities of the position.
- Elections will begin on Nov 10 at 12:01 am EST and end on Nov 15 at 11:59 pm EST. Election Appeals will only be accepted in writing until Nov 18 at 4 pm EST.
- Positions will begin on Nov 19, 2021, and end on April 30, 2022.
Information regarding campaigning:
- CUPE 3907 will not refund funds for campaigning. CRO will monitor campaigning.
- Due to COVID-19, only virtual campaigning is permitted. Candidates cannot enter the University for postering etc
- Candidates are responsible for their own campaign. Campaigns must be consistent with the Equality Statement and the Code of Conduct.
- Campaigning is not compulsory and is left to the discretion of the candidate