Graduate Assistantships

Check out our FAQ if you have questions about Graduate Assistantships.

How to get a Fall/Winter GA:

  • Funded MA or PhD  students: you have a guaranteed GAship for the number of years outlined in your offer of admission. You are in Group A.
  • Unfunded MA, MEd, PhD, EdD: If you are unfunded (or no longer funded) you are in Group B. There are certain positions reserved for Group B students, however you must first apply to be eligible for the hiring pool.

How to get a Summer GA:

  • Summer GAs are not included in your funding package, you are not guaranteed a summer GA. There are limited number of positions, and you must first apply to be included in the hiring pool for your department. Please see deadlines and specifics as outlined by the employer here.